[asterisk-users] Using Asterisk to measure call quality: Introducing Recqual

Mindaugas Kezys mkezys at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 13:59:43 CST 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 10:37:01AM -0500, Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
>    A while back I worked on a project to measure call quality.  I've
> finally gotten around to releasing it and I'm calling it recqual (Real
> Call Quality).  There isn't much to it and it should be considered
> alpha quality.  I'm hoping some of the bright minds on the list can
> help me out with it.  I'll include the intro text from the README in
> the tarball:

Looks very interesting. After reading all available info I have two
questions before testing:

1. Who/what answers the calls at the other end? I guess real live traffic
should be sent through this Asterisk server?
2. How many calls you had made to to diagnose your problems?

Thank you.

Regards,
Mindaugas Kezys
http://www.kolmisoft.com