[asterisk-users] AEL Variable Warning Messages

Brent Davidson brent at texascountrytitle.com
Tue Dec 23 12:14:23 CST 2008

I have two offices sharing a phone system.  They also share a common
internal context because all of the employees of the second office also
work for the first office.  Each office has 4 outside lines and I have
defined 2 channel groups in my zapata.conf.  The second office needs all
of their outgoing calls to go out over their lines so the people they
call will have the correct callerID.  I created an asterisk database and
with entries in the database for all extensions in the second office and
defined the following macro:

globals {
  CONSOLE="Console/dsp";
  TRUNK="Zap/r1";
  TCTC_Operator=15;
  Law_Operator=12;
};

macro outside-dial ( num ) {
  if (${DB_EXISTS(Office/${CALLERID(num)})}) {
    TRUNK="Zap/r2";
  } else {
    TRUNK="Zap/r1";
  }
  Dial(${TRUNK}/${num},,Ttok);
}

It's working and correctly routing outside calls, but I get the
following messages when I reload the extensions.ael file:

[Dec 23 12:16:22] WARNING[2994]: pbx_ael.c:2500 check_pval_item:
Warning: file /etc/asterisk/extensions.ael, line 93-93: expression
"Zap/r2" has operators, but no variables. Interesting...
[Dec 23 12:16:22] WARNING[2994]: pbx_ael.c:2500 check_pval_item:
Warning: file /etc/asterisk/extensions.ael, line 95-95: expression
"Zap/r1" has operators, but no variables. Interesting...

Any idea what is causing the warnings?

Thanks,
Brent