[asterisk-users] Good comparisons on cheaper VOIP phones

Mikel Lindsaar raasdnil at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 05:52:11 CST 2008

Thanks all for your replies.
I have an aastra 9133i here for testing and am getting a polycom 320 to try
out.

But today, I got my hands on an older Cisco 7912G with SIP software
installed.  It connected fine to the Asterisk box, works with the PoE stuff
I have, sounds good and doesn't seem to have any problems.  Best all, I can
buy "near new" for about $60 each in Australian dollars (thats about 45USD
with the Aussie dollar being what it is :)

The handsets look OK, they are nice and solid feeling and very easy to use /
not complex.

Any reason not to use the 7912G ?  Seems with the SIP image they work just
dandy...

Mikel