[asterisk-users] IMAP Voicemail and Directory not working?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Dec 23 05:49:53 CST 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 03:30:02PM -0500, Noah Miller wrote:
> Hi All -
>
> I'm wondering if anybody has IMAP Voicemail AND the directory working
> together.  I haven't had any success.  IMAP voicemail works fine, but
> when it's active, the Directory does not work.  The problem seems to
> be with libc-client.  Specifically, asterisk is not able to access the
> mm_dlog function.
>
> I've tried with Asterisk 1.4.22+ and 1.6.0+ using CentOS 5.2, Ubuntu
> 8.10 and Fedora 9.  In each case, I used the native package manager to
> install libc-client, and in each case, after asterisk is compiled and
> voicemail users are configured, I get an error in the log that says
> this:

On Ubuntu and Debian (Lenny/Sid) -

  apt-get source asterisk
  # as root / using sudo:
  apt-get build-dep asterisk
  cd asterisk-1<tab><tab>
  ASTERISK_NO_DOCS=yes fakeroot debian/rules build

Does it build? If so, you have a similar version of Asterisk that builds
with IMAP support.

(ASTERISK_NO_DOCS=yes is merely intended to save you some unnecessary 5
minutes and ~80MB of generating the API docs)

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com