[asterisk-users] why does users.conf generate SIP peer and SIP user?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Tue Dec 23 05:39:43 CST 2008

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 10:35:19AM +0100, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I wonder why users.conf generates a SIP user and a SIP peer? Why is it
> not possible to set type=... in users.conf? (Asterisk 1.4.22)

users.conf is a hack to generate a "typical" Asterisk configuration
easily.

So I figure that patches are welcomed. Assuming that the "type" won't
have any strange ill-effects on any other module that parses that file:

A quick grep in trunk gives:

  apps/app_directory.c
  apps/app_voicemail.c
  channels/chan_agent.c