[asterisk-users] Asterisk SIP URi dialing

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 16:08:05 CST 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 16:30, amit salunkhe <amitsalunkhe21 at gmail.com> wrote:

>      i need to implement "Inward" SIP usring dialing in my Asterisk IPpbx,
> So anybody can recah me by dialing my SIP uri. same time my DNS on same
> server where currently Asterisk running.
> how ican implement this. Please help me with config details at DNS &
> Asterisk point of view. anybody can provide me config exmple?
>    I am using Asterisk 1.4.9. Plz help me

First, you must understand the security implications if this is not
correctly configured. But I'll assume you have a proper system setup
and have already addressed the security matters. Basically, you want
all the local extensions (but none of your providers trunks) setup
into one context in your extensions.conf.

Then, assuming you have kept most of the default settings, it should
be a matter of insuring these two lines in sip.conf are set:

allowguest=yes                  ; Allow or reject guest calls (default is yes)
context=default                 ; Default context for incoming calls

This will send all calls that do not match a valid defined peer to the
"default" context, which in my case looks like this:

[default]
include => localusers

So, in effect, this configuration allows all the defined users to
access their accounts as they normally do, but then allows
unknown/unauthenticated peers to only dial into those extensions
defined in the "localusrers" context. Misconfiguring your diaplan or
SIP could very well allow unknown users to dial calls that will cost
you money or cause data breaches within your organiszation, or those
that you host services for, i.e. you DO NOT want any MixMonitor() or
your paid providers to be accessible this way!

As for the DNS, there is nothing unusual there, simply set an A record
for whatever host you want to use to point to your Asterisk server.