[asterisk-users] Good comparisons on cheaper VOIP phones

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Mon Dec 22 09:41:55 CST 2008

forums - sigma wrote:
> having deployed a fair amount of phones I have the following observation
> (and these observations are worth what you paid for them :-) )
>

> 1. Linksys 942, my preferred mainstream desk phone, a bit more expensive
> than the Polycom IP330.   Be careful as there are two SKUs with and
> without power supply (which is true of the ip330).   The 942 has a nice
> large backlit screen, nice big MWI light, takes a 3.5mm headphone.  With
> latest firmware, now supports BLF and LDAP.

Finally BLF support!  I've not done a great deal of Asterisk work in the
last six months, but the lack of BLF support in the 942 was one of the
few irritants with these phones.  Not that the SPA-942 really has enough
buttons to make proper use of the feature, but one or two is a whole
hell of a lot better than none!