[asterisk-users] Supermicro and onboard Intel e1000 Ethernet controllers ... no longer an issue?

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Mon Dec 22 05:47:14 CST 2008

"Richard Wurman" <richardsaulwurman at gmail.com> writes:

> ...but currently has been removed. Does this imply the issue is
> resolved? Of course, I can always try it out, I just want to verify if
> there is a definitive answer.

Digium's drivers used to have issues with receiving extra interrupts.
Fortunately Digium has seen the light and now the drivers correctly
check whether an interrupt was actually intended for the card and not
e.g. intended for a network interface at the same IRQ.

As far as I can tell IRQ problems aren't an issue anymore. I am not
entirely sure, because with the latest kernels our servers no longer
pick the same IRQ line for the wct4xxp and the network interfaces --
that might be masking the problem.

I just wish I could get rid of "Got reject for frame 56,
retransmitting frame 56 now, updating n_r!", but that seems to be an
entirely different problem.

/Benny