[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Dabatase

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Sun Dec 21 10:45:56 CST 2008

On Sunday 21 December 2008 04:14:58 Grey Man wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 9:52 AM, bilal ghayyad <bilmar_gh at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Anyone knows if there is an Asterisk version that setup can be stored in
> > Database instead of the configuration files (.conf)?
>
> Yes all current versions can. Take a look at Asterisk Realtime
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+RealTime

This is true, but there are multiple files that cannot be stored in a
database.  These include asterisk.conf, extconfig.conf, and modules.conf.
Additionally, storing the extensions in a database is among the worst
interfaces currently for Asterisk.  It's basically the same as static
configuration, with a performance penalty and less versatility.  I don't know
if I could come up with a worse interface if I was trying to drive someone
insane.

--
Tilghman