[asterisk-users] Good comparisons on cheaper VOIP phones

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Sun Dec 21 09:08:24 CST 2008

> My suggestion would be to look at the Snom 300 (although they are very
simplistic phones), the Polycom IP330 (I have > a feeling the 320s don't
support PoE) or the Linksys phones.

Polycom 320 does support PoE (I have a few deployed) but don't include the
10/100 switch.  That is the only diff between the  330 and 320. So if you're
sharing a wall jack between a VoIP phone and a PC, you're better off with
the 330. If not, the 320 is noticeably cheaper.

That being said, unless money is tight (which happens), go with a Polycom
550 or even a 650.    The bigger screen makes juggling calls easier.

Mike