[asterisk-users] Good comparisons on cheaper VOIP phones

Michael michael at networkstuff.co.nz
Sun Dec 21 07:52:34 CST 2008

> One person's trash is another's treasure.
>
> I've used many linksys phones, including the SPA962 and found the
> sound quality and usage to be simply sub-par. In several set-up's I
> found the sound quality of a Grandstream 286 ATA to be much better
> than a SPA962 IP phone. But, I agree in I find the polycom to be
> amazing phones — and you end up paying for it (although on long term
> cost of ownership it might not be that bad. I bought a Polycom 601
> years ago, use it heavily, and it sounds just as good today as the day
> I bought it. The SPA962 went on ebay within 3 months of me buying it.
> I have a few grandstream 286's I like to use for traveling and placing
> in remote areas of an installation.
>
> Fred Posner

3 months... that long?

I have a Linksys SPA9000 IP PBX I want to quit. Mint condition with all
packing etc. Nothing 'wrong' with it (except that it's a Linksys) I just hate
proprietary stuff which is what the Linksys is.

Still it may well suit someone present on the list who doesn't mind that they
will have to buy Linksys brand phones to work with it, and they want it
because of the nifty "any n00b can use this" set up utility.

Michael