[asterisk-users] Good comparisons on cheaper VOIP phones

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Sun Dec 21 05:48:05 CST 2008

On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 21:00 +1100, Mikel Lindsaar wrote:
> Hello list,
>

> I am doing some work for a non profit group.
>

> As part of this, I am going to be putting in a 30 handset Asterisk
> solution.  We are trying to keep the costs down as much as possible,
> as this job includes cabling, I am looking at POE solutions.
>

> On the switch side, I am considering something like some Netgear
> ProSafe FS726TP 24 port switches, or maybe the equivalent Linksys
> SRW224MP 24 port switch.  About 4 of these will run the phones and
> computers on the network connecting back to a gigabit switch handling
> the phone and other servers.
> On the phone side VOIP phones
> The price range sort of limits me to:

> * Aastra 9112i
> * Snom 300
> * Polycom 320
> * Cisco CP-7906G (But I believe this won't handle SIP out of the box?)

Mentioning costs, one might be tempted to mention "grandsteam", but for
some people, those have a bad reputation, although i have two of thos
phone for over two years without any problem..

OTOH, why not consider the Siemens A580-IP?
Recently i bought a package, containing the DECT-base-station (direct
IP-interface) and two handsets, (each 6 sip-entries), two
handset-chargers for about 100 Euro's.
Audio-quality is good. Don't think you can buy SIP-phones any cheaper...

hw