[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Dabatase

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Dec 21 05:28:51 CST 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 03:19:42AM -0800, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> In case I have a web based interface, so some configuration are going
> to be added via the web, I was looking to be inserted in the database.

While Asterisk can read configuration directly from a DB, it means that
you have to cook some specific DB tables for it. It also means that if
the DB is ever down, Asterisk is down.

An alternative is to generate configuration files from Asterisk.

A third option is to generate those tables and read them at
configuration read time ("static real time"). Requires explicit load,
but it also means that Asterisk knows what its configuration is.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com