[asterisk-users] Good comparisons on cheaper VOIP phones

k4rjj at bellsouth.net k4rjj at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 21 04:11:58 CST 2008

 Anyone know if the Cisco 7940 would work?
Ronny

  -------------- Original message from "Mikel Lindsaar" <raasdnil at gmail.com>: --------------

Hello list,

I am doing some work for a non profit group.

As part of this, I am going to be putting in a 30 handset Asterisk solution.  We are trying to keep the costs down as much as possible, as this job includes cabling, I am looking at POE solutions.

On the switch side, I am considering something like some Netgear ProSafe FS726TP 24 port switches, or maybe the equivalent Linksys SRW224MP 24 port switch.  About 4 of these will run the phones and computers on the network connecting back to a gigabit switch handling the phone and other servers.

On the phone side VOIP phones

The price range sort of limits me to:

* Aastra 9112i
* Snom 300
* Polycom 320
* Cisco CP-7906G (But I believe this won't handle SIP out of the box?)

Any good bad stories of the above?

One thing I like about the Aastra is being able to go POE from a switch, to the Aastra, then out of the second port on the Aastra and into the PC.

Regards

Mikel