[asterisk-users] how to set the busy signal usign softphones

nik600 nik600 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 04:03:47 CST 2008

Hi to all.

I'm using Asterisk 1.4 with Sjphone as softphone.

My problem is that when a SIP user is busy, he still receive calls
from asterisk.

I've tried to setup the call-limit preference to 1, but with this kind
of configuration the user can't transfer calls, as the system block
the 2nd call generated to do the transfer.
I've also tried to set the user as friend, limitonpeers = yes and call-limit =1.

In that case the work-around works but only when the user is the
receiver of the call that makes him busy.
If the user is the caller, he still receive a second call.

So, isn't there any method to limit the call available for a user to 1
but granting him the possibility to transfer a call?

I know that there is the busy-level settings, but i'ts available only in 1.6.

Thanks to all in advance.

--
nik600