[asterisk-users] how to get /var/run/asteris/asterisk.ctl

Bruce Ferrell bferrell at baywinds.org
Sat Dec 20 00:33:10 CST 2008

Scott Berry wrote:
> Hello there everyone,
>
> Well I have set up Asteriks 6.0 and almost have Freepbx working too.
> However, freepbx is showing me that /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl is
> not found.  I confirmed that by going to the directory.  How do I
> get /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl put in correctly?  I am using a
> Ubuntu 8.10 system.  Thanks much.

When you start asterisk, it creates the control socket.  Have a look at
/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf to see if your install has put it somplace
other than the stated default location.  If you think asterisk is
started and the control socket isn't there, look at
/var/log/asterisk/full to see why it didn't start