[asterisk-users] New mailing list: digium-announce

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Dec 19 17:59:40 CST 2008

Recently it was brought to our attention that while we announce new
releases of Asterisk and Asterisk-Addons on the asterisk-announce
mailing list (and others), and we publish security advisories on the
asterisk-announce and asterisk-security mailing lists (and others),
there are frequently changes that are made in our policies, procedures,
and products that do not get announced on any widely-read mailing list.

To help with this situation, we've created a new mailing list called
'digium-announce', located on the lists.digium.com list server. This
will be a low-volume, read-only (no discussion) list that will be used
for various announcements, including:

1) Changes to Digium's services for the Asterisk community, like the
bugs.digium.com issue tracker, the downloads.digium.com download server
and others

2) Changes to and new releases of Digium's commercial software products
used by the Asterisk community like the G.729 codec, the HPEC echo
canceler and others

3) Improvements to the asterisk.org web site

Please feel free to subscribe to this mailing list by visiting