[asterisk-users] Problem configuring Asterisk as client for ekiga.net -- NAT problem

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Fri Dec 19 15:18:14 CST 2008

obitori junk wrote:
> I am experiencing a "606 not Acceptable" error trying to set up an
> Asterisk server as an ekiga.net client.  My server is behind a firewall
> with NAT routing.  I have googled this problem and read about Asterisk
> feeding its local ip address to ekiga.net.  That seems to be my
> problem.

In my experience "Not Acceptable" errors happen because the two
endpoints cannot agree on a codec.  Try allowing all the codecs in your
softphone and in Asterisk sip.conf [general] do a disallow=all and an
allow=ulaw.    I suggest you do this in [general] when testing because
it can sometimes be hard to make sure that a peer/friend/user entry is
actually matching the incoming call.  Once you get it working you can
refine it.

You could be having a NAT issue too, but I don't think it is related to
your 606 error.