[asterisk-users] Pre-routing manipulation of calls

Kevin DeGraaf kevin at kdegraaf.net
Fri Dec 19 13:03:26 CST 2008

This is concerning an Asterisk 1.4.18 server.

We have approximately 70 DID numbers.  Incoming calls are placed into
the "incoming" context (by zapata.conf) and are routed based on the
dialed number.

I want to do some manipulation (CallerID name override) to all incoming
calls before they are routed.  I would prefer to avoid duplicating the
necessary code in each DID extension stanza, even if it's just a call to
a macro.

1. Can I set up a catch-all extension in "incoming", do my processing,
and then have the calls "fall through" to the existing extension stanzas?

2. Or, should I use a separate "pre-incoming" context to do the
manipulation and then jump to the real "incoming" context containing the
specific extension stanzas?

3. Or, is there another method that would be more elegant?

Thanks.

--
Kevin DeGraaf