[asterisk-users] Cut Through DTMF & caller ID on SIP phone

Sriram d_r_sriram at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 19 10:54:08 CST 2008

Hi

Setup : Asterisk 1.6 on Fedora Core 9 with TE410P..
1. I;ve noticed that whenever during "background(menu-filename)" method - i try to press any key for selection like 1 for some prompt, 2 for another prompt etc...Asterisk takes a while before it takes me to the respective option..Is that normal behaviour ? by the time the caller waits to listen to the appropriate prompt on selecting 1 - he thinks nothing is happening for 2-3 seconds ..
fyi, I used to use Trixbox prev. and didnt find any such problem ...

2. Is there any way to block the caller id from appearing on the SIP Phone ? my trunk is E1 PRI while i used softphones internally -  i dont want my agents to see the caller id - is their any way to block caller ids from appearing on softphones ?

Thanks
Sriram