[asterisk-users] Conference with an AGI inside Queue for password change

David fire ddfire at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 06:38:26 CST 2008

2008/12/19 Rajkumar S <rajkumars at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I have a typical call center with queues and agents added via
> AddQueueMember. One of my requirement is to implement a forgot
> password function. If a caller does not remember the password, he
> calls up an unauthenticated line and the agent manually authenticates
> him. Then the caller should have a provision to reset his password.
> The requirement is that the agent should not know the new password of
> caller.
>
> One possible solution to this is for the agent to call an agi into
> conference with the call after caller has been verified. The agi will
> prompt for the password which the caller will type in his keypad.
> Although the agent will hear the password prompt, he cannot overhear
> the DTMF digits typed by caller.
>
> Can this be implemented in asterisk? I have looked but did not find
> any hints. Is there a better solution to the problem I am having?
>
> Thanks for reading and any replies.
>
> raj

maybe a simpler solution is set some variables to the caller channel trasfer
to extencion where asterisk ask for the password put it in the data base and
then transfer back to the agent.
this is not so dificult to implement.

you can use the mysql function or you can make a webservice and use CURL
where you just put a url whit all the info.
the variables in the caller channel are for tell asterisk where tos end the
call back and the caller user to use in the mysql or webservices.
David

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your