[asterisk-users] Conference with an AGI inside Queue for password change

Rajkumar S rajkumars at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 01:38:57 CST 2008

Hi,

I have a typical call center with queues and agents added via
AddQueueMember. One of my requirement is to implement a forgot
password function. If a caller does not remember the password, he
calls up an unauthenticated line and the agent manually authenticates
him. Then the caller should have a provision to reset his password.
The requirement is that the agent should not know the new password of
caller.

One possible solution to this is for the agent to call an agi into
conference with the call after caller has been verified. The agi will
prompt for the password which the caller will type in his keypad.
Although the agent will hear the password prompt, he cannot overhear
the DTMF digits typed by caller.

Can this be implemented in asterisk? I have looked but did not find
any hints. Is there a better solution to the problem I am having?

Thanks for reading and any replies.

raj