[asterisk-users] Authorize & Microsoft SQL

Gregory Malsack gmalsack at gmellc.com
Thu Dec 18 22:07:37 CST 2008

Thanks for the reply Steve. I think you may have given me the idea I need. Here’s what I was really going for though. A friend of mine did this same thing as what I am looking to do, however he does this with a mysql database. Here’s basically what he does,

1.       Reads a string from the caller

2.       Check’s the string against a mysql database, basically performs a where query on the db, if the number of records returned > 1 he knows there is a match, if not it’s a bad code.

3.       If the code doesn’t match which tells the caller the code is wrong and sends them back to step 1

4.       If the code matches, it continues on.

According to his dialplan code, mysql database connections and queries can be completed within the dialplan. What I am looking for is if a MS SQL query can be completed within a dialplan just like a mysql query can be. I know there’s ODBC options for asterisk, and odbc drivers for MS SQL for linux, so I would think this would be the way to go, but from what I can see it’s rather complicated, and like I said in my original post, I’m only finding docs that spell out ODBC connections for CDR not DB queries. So I was hoping someone had already invented this wheel and would be willing to provide insight into this setup.

Greg