[asterisk-users] RESOLVED - Re: Zaptel / TDM400P card stopped working (in Fedora 8 system)

Langdon Stevenson langdon at lindenrow.com.au
Thu Dec 18 16:13:51 CST 2008

Langdon Stevenson wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a Dell PE2300 with a Digium TDM400P line card in it (with one
> module to handle an inbound phone line).  This is running on a Fedora 8
> system with Asterisk 1.4.21.2-1.fc8
>
> This system has been working nicely for about 12 months.  After a recent
> move of office and relocation of the server Asterisk is back on line,
> but the TDM line card has stopped working.

This problem has now been fully resolved (thanks to all who contributed
to assisting me). For the sake of completeness here is how I resolved
the problem:

This instruction assumes that Asterisk and the Fedora 8 Zaptel packages

1.  Download the Zaptel source from:
     http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/zaptel/ to: /usr/src/
     You have to do this as the Fedora 8 Zaptel packages don't provide
     the drivers!

2. Extract the source: tar -xf <source code filename>

3. CD /usr/src/<source code directory>

4. ./configure

5. make

6. make install

7. make config (to install init scripts)

8. ztcfg -vvvv  This initialises the channels on the card, it is
                 critical!

9. reboot (may not be necessary, but it will tell you if the init
            scripts are working as they should

10. You should now have a green light on the card for each line that has
     a module attached.

This should now give you functioning drivers for Asterisk to use the TDM
card. Note: you still need to configure the /etc/zaptel.conf file and
/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf correctly!  This is covered elsewhere in heaps
of detail.

Langdon