[asterisk-users] Problems with ztdummy

Stephen Brown Jr stephen.brown75 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 09:49:03 CST 2008

I'm having trouble with ztdummy and I can't seem to figure it out. I
am running Zaptel 1.4.12.1 under Debian 4.0 with latest updates
applied and I have compiled Zaptel from source along with a new kernel
from Debian sources to include 1khz timer support.

The modules build fine, yet when I load them I get the following
output from dmesg:

rtc: lost some interrupts at 1024Hz

And then Asterisk fails to load. I don't have any hardware in this box
as it will be utilized for a pure VoIP solution so a hardware timing
interface is not an option unless I can't get ztdummy to cooperate.

What am I missing? I've been fighting this problem for a couple of
days now... help appreciated :)

Thanks,
Stephen