[asterisk-users] ael vs conf

RE Kushner List Account lists at darl.com
Thu Dec 18 07:24:52 CST 2008

David fire wrote:
> hi
> what i should use? ael or conf???

I think it's personal choice at this point, I recently switched
everything to ael, it's easier to read and follow the flow and less
typing of redundant stuff. I have found that ael finds more of my fat
finger mistakes when it compiles in Asterisk, bombing out during ael
load instead of a call bombing in unexpected ways if you have a syntax
error in the .conf file.

Redoing extensions.conf into extensions.ael also allowed me to reduce
the file several hundred lines due to optimization of a file that was
out of control to begin with. The reduction in size was still achieved
even though I had to add call queue functionality into the ael file due
to AgentCallbackLogin being eliminated. This experience taught me I need
to go back and review everything every few months to keep things from
getting out of hand.

-Ron