[asterisk-users] RDNIS and asterisk

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Wed Dec 17 04:17:00 CST 2008

In article <49483005.8030605 at dotr.com>,
Julian Lyndon-Smith <asterisk at dotr.com> wrote:
> I have a couple of numbers that are diverted to a number that is
> conected to an isdn30 card, running asterisk 1.4.
>
> eg.
>
> 123456 => 22334455
> 654321 => 22334455
>
> What I would like to know is the number of the orginal number dialled
> (123456 or 654321). I thought that RDNIS was the answer, but it is
> always coming up blank.
>
> When I did a debug on the pri span, I saw the following message
>
> Unable to handle ROSE operation 15
>
> is this the cause of my problem ?

Don't know about that error, but in the pri debug output, did you see
any mention of the originally dialled number, or only the translated
number?

If the originally dialled number is not presented in an information
element somewhere, then it would be a bit of a challenge for Asterisk
to infer it! :-)

Just found this message, which seems to refer to the same issue:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2007-July/191858.html

If your original number does appear in a ROSE IE simlar to that shown in
the above message, then it may be that libpri needs updating to handle it.

Can you get a second destination number on the same ISDN30 and then
divert one of the original numbers to that instead?

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield