[asterisk-users] Installing Asterisk v1.6 on Ubuntu Intrepid?

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Tue Dec 16 13:40:12 CST 2008

On 20:14, Tue 16 Dec 08, Christian wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am trying to isntall the v1.6 version of Asterisk on my Intrepid
> system, but I get an error after I have typed make:
> [CC] manager.c -> manager.o
> manager.c: In function ‘action_getvar’:
> manager.c:1732: error: ‘SENTINEL’ undeclared (first use in this function)
> manager.c:1732: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> manager.c:1732: error: for each function it appears in.)
> make[1]: *** [manager.o] Error 1
> make: *** [main] Error 2

Hi,

What version of asterisk 1.6 is this ?
This error (my fault) has been fixed in svn shortly after it appeared
and the -rc version that's listed as download on http://www.asterisk.org
dont have this problem anymore.

If you did an svn checkout please run 'svn up' and if you downloaded a
.tar.gz please download the -rc listed on http://www.asterisk.org and
you should be fine.

Sorry for the trouble.
--

Michiel van Baak
michiel at vanbaak.eu
http://michiel.vanbaak.eu

"Why is it drug addicts and computer aficionados are both called users?"