[asterisk-users] tcpdum

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Mon Dec 15 14:55:28 CST 2008

No.  TTL in the header is about hop traversal.  Each IP router that
forwards the packet will reduce this number in the live packet until it
reaches zero, when it will be dropped.  I believe this is to eliminate
route loops creating packet storms.

FWIW this is how traceroute works - it sends out packets with continually
increasing TTLs and the router that drops the packet will send back a
notification, so you can "trace" each hop...

What is it you are trying to do or measure?