[asterisk-users] Follow up on parking

Terry Wilson twilson at digium.com
Mon Dec 15 10:29:23 CST 2008

On Dec 15, 2008, at 7:05 AM, Mike wrote:

> Just so I'm clear: there is no way to do what I want short of
> playing with the underlying code, correct?

Yes.  I'm working on an issue right now related to parking and noticed
that Asterisk completely lies with the verbose statement saying that
it will time back out to an extension.  There is an if/else that
checks a string that will always be set and therefore will never hit
the else...which is where the code is that would time back out to an
extension as opposed to trying to magically find the original caller
and call the channel back.  It is fairly complex code in there, so it
may take a bit to fix...but I thought I'd let your know that I am
working on it, anyway.

Terry