[asterisk-users] HFC Single port Cards

Wilton Helm whelm at compuserve.com
Sun Dec 14 16:48:20 CST 2008

I have a small Asterisk system here that I'm wanting to set up for a SOHO using one HFC for a US NT-1 ISDN.  I haven't had a lot of time to spend on it so far.  I have a couple of SIP phones talking through it, but not even a decent dial plan, yet.  But I keep monitoring this group and occasionally asking questions.  I'm not sure what route to go yet, and my lack of strong Linux experience makes for more pitfalls than some might have.  If I put some pieces together with something missing, I probably wouldn't know how to figure out what was missing.

The opinion I have formed from comments here and reading elsewhere is that mISDN is probably the best way to go, but the things I have read either get into technical details that probably don't apply to me and are hard to understand, or assume the reader knows a lot more details than I do and therefore paints in overly broad brush strokes--or both at the same time.

Wilton