[asterisk-users] Country numbering plan resources

Laurent asterisk at voip.nc
Sun Dec 14 03:03:20 CST 2008

Hello,

I believe that one of the most comprehensive resources, in terms
of numbering plans, is on the ITU website :

http://www.itu.int/oth/T0202.aspx?parent=T0202

For each country, it contains either an official document
reflecting the current numbering plan or a link (e.g. for the UK
and the US) to the national regulator.

It's supposed to be authoritative since the national telcos or
regulators have to supply and *keep up-to-date* this information.

As regards France and New Caledonia at least, this is the best
information that you can get - in terms of numbering plans - since
they are provided by ARCEP (the French regulating agency) and OPT
(the New Caledonia telco). I have found them very useful. I would
expect the documents for all French overseas regions (Martinique,
Indian Ocean, French Polynesia, etc.) to be of similar quality).

Do keep us informed of the progress, this thread is very interesting.

Best regards,
Laurent

--
Laurent Steffan               Consultant VOIP
Web:  http://VOIP.nc