[asterisk-users] Country numbering plan resources

Michael michael at networkstuff.co.nz
Sun Dec 14 01:07:41 CST 2008

On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 19:57:20 you wrote:
> On Dec 12, 2008, at 7:10 PM, Michael wrote:
> > Is there any good free / accurate online resources with detailed
> > country
> > numbering plans? Failing that let's get something running ourselves.
>
> [snip]
>
> I'll avoid the good discussion on this thread that has been made
> already to date.  The answer is: "It's not simple."  I wish it was,
> but that data is typically in the hands of companies who do NOT want
> to share it, because errors on your part make money on their part, and
> those companies don't really want to see you exist at all in the first
> place.  It would be great if this could be a shared resource of some
> sort, but I don't expect that we'll ever see that with E.164 numbering
> - the entrenched interests in that number space have zero interest in
> making the data available for many political, technical, and fiscal
> reasons.

[snip]

Thanks John. You are clearly someone who has experience, and is well informed,
though your contribution reflects those of other people from USA, whereas
from where I (and most others) are from, USA is only 1 or 2 billing
destinations out of 100+.

So the validity of the idea/suggested project still stands.