[asterisk-users] Asterisk / Hylafax

Michael michael at networkstuff.co.nz
Sat Dec 13 02:56:25 CST 2008

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 21:52:25 you wrote:
> Check out my tutorial at:
>
> http://blog.evaristesys.com/?p=24
>
> It does use IAXmodem for conventional G.711u analog pass-thru (assuming
> you're using VoIP) rather than t38modem, but if you need to use T.38 I'm
> sure it can be easily adapted.

1. Do I need T.38 between Asterisk and Hylafax as I am using T.38 over SIP to
the upline PSTN termination provider?

2. If this is workable, does using IAX to SIP cause extra CPU load / loss /
issues?

Totally off topic, but people may feel sorry for the residents of the Cook
Islands. Their local ISP is selling 56 to 256k ADSL connections
as 'broadband" and the data caps and low and prices huge.
http://www.oyster.net.ck/about/index.php?about=idsl
(NZ$ 1.00 = US$0.55)

Thanks,

Michael