[asterisk-users] Country numbering plan resources

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Fri Dec 12 22:00:59 CST 2008

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008, Michael wrote:

>> Hmm, I looked over your summary again against the route prefixes I just
>> gave and they seem to match.  They aren't as detailed, but that isn't
>> important, as long as I can tell a cellular from a landline, which those
>> prefixes do accomplish.  I don't really care how accurate they are either,
>> as long as my carrier will honor the prices for the prefixes they have
>> provided me.
>
> Great! I will send you some 900 calls lol :-)

Which my upstreams will either honor as part of the prefixes they have
provided, or will refrain from routing them.  I'm not claiming to be
anywhere near the top of the foodchain here, and I suppose that yes, I am
putting some trust in the carriers I buy from.  If I were more paranoid I
might try to filter out the possible toll calls and such, but in four
years that hasn't been an issue...

>> currently have over 1200 routes to this small country, and they cannot be
>> any further collapsed...
>
> Yes, but with an A-Z carrier, this can become risky when landline calls are
> charged very differently to cellular calls, as is the case in NZ, Australia
> and many other countries, unless someone is just a 'virtual' provider and
> letting their up line do the invoices.

Same argument above...