[asterisk-users] Country numbering plan resources

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Fri Dec 12 21:36:07 CST 2008

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008, Michael wrote:

>> I'm not saying it can't be done - just be aware that the undertaking
>> you're proposing is very complicated, and the information would come
>> from innumerable data sources (a great deal of them commercial and
>> expensive) and a bewilderingly overlapping array of standards bodies.
>
> Yes, but calls to the USA and Canada landline/cellular cost the same.
>
> I need as many countries in the list that I can get info on because in many
> cases cellular calls and landline calls are priced differently and I need to
> make routing distinctions in my dial plan.

In general you don't need to worry about that, as when you go to buy your
"routes", the splits are given to you.  For example, though you have split
up New Zealand nicely I don't need that information, as the termination
provider I buy New Zealand from gives me one price for what they deem
"proper" (01164) and another several for what they deem "mobile"
(01164900, 011648, 011642).  Whatever destination is dialed simply picks
the route that it most matches, and I know what the charges are.

This does mean that you have to stay in synch with any changes your
upstream termination providers make to their dial plans, however.