[asterisk-users] Country numbering plan resources

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Fri Dec 12 21:29:21 CST 2008

If you want an idea of what the setup looks like in NANPA land, enjoy
this convenient spreadsheet:

http://www.nanpa.com/nanp1/allutlzd.zip

Notice that there is no discernable pattern to the number space
allocated to a particular flavour of carrier.

And do beware that these are 10,000 code blocks only;  in pooled areas
(most metropolitan areas, and an increasingly large number of areas)
these get split up into 1,000-code blocks and the information from that
comes from National Pooling/Neustar (www.nationalpooling.com).
Consequently, routing or analysing anything by 10,000 blocks is becoming
an increasingly useless practise.

Oh, and don't forget the byzantine properties of portability here.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems