[asterisk-users] docs for rxfax in 1.4 or app_fax in 1.6?

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 12:08:55 CST 2008

I just want to pdf and email faxes coming in over pstn on a TDM400P.

Outgoing faxes would just go out over pstn, not through asterisk.

All the voipinfo , etc, howto's are quite complicated. And most use
third party apps like Hylafax.

I thought there was a rxfax and txfax in 1.4. And 1.6 had app_fax. I'm
now using 1.4.22, but I'd go to 1.6 if it made this easier.

But I've found no docs or sample configs for either 1.4 or 1.6. In fact,
1.4.22 ( nor addons nor 1.4.23 rc2 ) have no rx{tx}fax.c files that I'd
expect.

I do have spandsp installed, FWIW.