[asterisk-users] problem with Asterisk on Ubuntu

Scott Berry n7zib at northlc.com
Thu Dec 11 17:47:27 CST 2008

Hello there,

I am trying to get Asterisk set up by using the book Asterisk: The
Future of Telephony.  I am on Chapter 4.  I have have set up Zaptel and
zapata.conf and also set up extensions.conf and when I run "asterisk -r"
at the Gnome-terminal to connect with Asterisk I get the following
message:
Unable to connect with remote asterisk
(does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)  It sure does exist.  I
also see I am running like a hundred different modules according to
"/var/log/asterisk/messages."