[asterisk-users] SIP CallerID Question

Geraint Lee geraint at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 11:15:37 CST 2008

2008/12/11 Dave Fullerton <dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com>

> Brent Davidson wrote:
> > I have several branch offices all running Asterisk PBX's that register
> > to each other via SIP so that calls can be transferred from office to
> > office.  Everything is working great on the office to office transfers,
> > but I'd like to somehow make the CallerID more useful.  Currently if an
> > extension at Office1 dials an extension at Office2 the CID on the phone
> > at Office2 says "Office1".  The same thing happens if a person at
> > Office1 transfers an incoming call to Office2.  The caller ID at Office2
> > always just says "Office1".
> >
> > What I would like to happen would be when Bob at Extension 12 at Office1
> > calls Office2 the caller ID at office 2 would say "Bob" in the name
> > files and "12" in the number field.  If Bob does a blind transfer to an
> > extension at Office2 I would like the caller ID on the Office2 phone to
> > display the original caller's name and number.
> >
> > I've read most of the documentation on the CallerID variables, but am
> > still having a bit of trouble wrapping my head around the necessary
> > logic to accomplish what I need to do, (mainly because I'm in the middle
> > of a totally unrelated project and am having trouble multi-tasking).
> > Could anyone give me a starting point?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Brent
>
> Check the entries for office1 and office2 servers in sip.conf. If they
> have a callerid= entry comment it out and do a SIP reload. When it is
> set asterisk overrides the caller ID sent to it.

additionally if you want to have the callerid to include office1 when
calling office2, you could change the callerid using

Set(CALLERID(name)=${CALLERID(name)} Office 1)

just before sending through to office 2

Something along those lines anyway, not entirely sure on the syntax or if
there's a better way to do it.. but i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm
wrong :)

Geraint