[asterisk-users] Asterisk dies when external access is lost

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Thu Dec 11 08:14:31 CST 2008

Phil Knighton wrote:
> Doug,
>
> No, the phones are all Snom phones - a mix of 290s (actually elmeg
> IP190), 320s and 360s.  Mostly using firmware v6.

I had the same issue a few months back, internet connection went down,
pointed the Polycom's to our internal DHCP/DNS and the phones failed.

Turned out that our bind install wouldn't respond to the network that
the phones were on (10.10.10.x).

Since then, I've found how to make bind respond that that network
segment as well and the phones are fine.

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote: