[asterisk-users] Call Pickup (*8) / Attended forward and CallerID

Laurent CARON lcaron at lncsa.com
Thu Dec 11 01:40:20 CST 2008

Hi,

Since we're moving from a legacy PABX that has been serving one
of our customers for more than 15 years, we'd like this process to
require no "human habits" change among the users.

Software: Asterisk 1.4.22
Hardware: Polycom phones (mainly 430/601)

Here are the "problems":
We did configure call groups, pickup groups, ...

- When someone picks up a call from another person, the display of his
phone only shows *8 and not the original CallerID.

- When doing an attended transfer, the callerid of the original caller
(A calls B, then B forwards to C => We want to show C the original
callerid somewhere on his phone's screen).
	- When using the blind transfer feature, the CallerID is fine.

I know this has already been discussed in 2006 (from digium's BTS), and
would like to know if this situation did change, or not.
Is it still considered as features ?
Is it considered as bugs ?
Will it be implemented in another way in some future release ?
...?

Thanks

Laurent