[asterisk-users] Parked Extension Variable

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Wed Dec 10 16:07:56 CST 2008

Use the docs, Luke.

dev-1*CLI> core show application parkandannounce
dev-1*CLI>
   -= Info about application 'ParkAndAnnounce' =-

[Synopsis]
Park and Announce

[Description]
   ParkAndAnnounce(announce:template,timeout,dial[,return_context]):
Park a call into the parkinglot and announce the call to another channel.

announce template: Colon-separated list of files to announce.  The word
PARKED
                    will be replaced by a say_digits of the extension in
which
                    the call is parked.
timeout:           Time in seconds before the call returns into the return
                    context.
dial:              The app_dial style resource to call to make the
                    announcement.  Console/dsp calls the console.
return_context:    The goto-style label to jump the call back into after
                    timeout.  Default <priority+1>.

The variable ${PARKEDAT} will contain the parking extension into which the
call was placed.  Use with the Local channel to allow the dialplan to make
use of this information.