[asterisk-users] CDR Design

Anthony Francis anthonyf at rockynet.com
Wed Dec 10 12:18:58 CST 2008

Steve Murphy wrote:
> Just to be pedantic, how would src_cid be different from the clid field
> that cdr's have now?
>
> and the same with src_exten vs. src;
>
> A simple example might help to let this sink into my brain.
>
> murf

The main thing is that the originating number shouldn't be linked to the
callerid. This way you can do things like allow no callerid while
maintaining billing integrity.
Here is the CDR columns for one one of my providers that exhibits this:

*Field Number*

*Field Name*

*Description*

*Type*

*Length*

*Example*

1

SwitchBatchNbr

Sequential, positive integer assigned to each CDR file imported into the
system

Numeric

Long Integer

5594

2

RecNbr

Sequential, positive integer assigned to each CDR within a CDR file.
Together with the SwitchBatchNbr, a unique combination.

Numeric

Long Integer

2354

3

SwitchNbr

Unique number identifying the switch from which the CDR was processed or
assigned

Numeric

Integer

13

4

CustNbr

The unique, numeric number assigned to a customer

Numeric

Long Integer

1025

5

AuthCode

The authorization code used in the call.  Can be the Switch/Trunk
combination (dedicated), ANI, Travel Card, 800 number, DID.

Numeric

Float

2145551212

6

AcctCd

The Account Code dialed with the CDR

Numeric

Long Integer

2331

7

CallYYYYMMDD

Call date at time of answer (YYYYMMDD format)

Numeric

Long Integer

20020131

8

CallHHMMSS

Call time at time of answer (HHMMSS format)

Numeric

Long Integer

205618

9

DestNbr

Destination Phone Number

Char

18

2145551212

10

DialedNumber

Dialed Number

Char

18

12145551212

11

ThirdPartyNbr

Third Party Number

Char

18

2145551212

12

DestCity

Destination city name

Char

15

Dallas

13

DestState

Destination state name

Char

2

TX

14

DestOCN

Destination OCN

Char

4

9100

15

DestLata

Destination LATA

Numeric

integer

552

16

IntraInter

Flag indicating jurisdiction: 1=Intralata, 2=Intrastate, 3=Interstate,
4=Canada, 5=Intl, Mexico

Numeric

Integer

1

17

CallType

Flag indicating type of call.  See Appendix A:  Call Type Codes.

Char

3

OE

18

DurMinutes

The rounded, billable duration of a rated call.  Detailed to a tenth of
a minute.

Numeric

Decimal 10,4

1.5000

19

CustRev

The revenue computed for the CDR

Numeric

Decimal 10,4

0.0168

20

Surchrg

The surcharge amount for the CDR

Numeric

Decimal 10,4

0.0000

21

OrigNbr

Originating Phone Number

Char

18

2145551212

22

OrigCity

Originating City

Char

15

DIR ASST

23

OrigState

Originating State

Char

2

TX

24

OrigOCN

Originating OCN

Char

4

9100

25

OrigLata

Originating LATA

Numeric

Integer

552

26

SiteNbr

Info digit assigned to CDR. Currently, Site Numbers: 7, 25, 27, 29, 70
are considered payphone

Numeric

Integer

0

27

SiteSurChrg

Charge associated with payphone use as determined by the SiteNbr

Numeric

Decimal 10,4

.0000

28

ExtractSeqNbr

Number used to designate a batch of CDR's that were extracted.  If not
used, value will be NULL.

Numeric

Integer

156

--
Thank you and have any kind of day you want,

Anthony Francis
Rockynet VOIP
(303) 444-7052 opt 2
voip at rockynet.com