[asterisk-users] SIP Registry Problems

Stefan Schmidt sst at sil.at
Wed Dec 10 01:50:05 CST 2008

Brent Vrieze schrieb:

> Here is what happens:
> 1.  Asterisk verifies connection to the server and we get this.  (CLI
> output)
>     -- ast_get_srv: SRV lookup for '_sip._udp.galvatron.vtnoc.net'
> mapped to host galvatron.vtnoc.net, port 5060
>     -- ast_get_srv: SRV lookup for '_sip._udp.galvatron.vtnoc.net'
> mapped to host optimusprime.vtnoc.net, port 5060
>     -- ast_get_srv: SRV lookup for '_sip._udp.galvatron.vtnoc.net'
> mapped to host megatron.vtnoc.net, port 5060
>     It jumps around from server to server all the time.

hello,

you should add the second and third server to your user.conf as a friend
too, they just use something like a load balancer but you only accept
calls from one of their 3 servers.

so i think what happens is that if a call comes from one of the server
you didnt authorize it just get an error like "authorization required"
and then fallback to your boss cell number.

maybe you could trace this with sip debug.

best regards.

steve