[asterisk-users] Possible to get "Courtesy Tone" on attended transfer?

Terry Wilson twilson at digium.com
Mon Dec 8 10:07:51 CST 2008

> Thanks for the answer Terry, it's kind of what I expected. I may
> have to look into using Attended transfers in Asterisk, but I think
> my users really prefer having the TRNSFR soft key instead of
> remembering a feature code.

Just for fun, I added the functionality that you wanted in revision
161679 of trunk.  You can get the patch by:

svn diff -c 161679 http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/trunk

I think the patch to chan_sip.c will apply to 1.4 (the CHANGES file
will obviously fail).  To use, you can just add
setvar=ATTENDED_TRANSFER_COMPLETE_SOUND=beep to a peer in sip.conf, or
set it in the dialplan.

Terry