[asterisk-users] Oslec issue

Marco Signorini marcotasto at libero.it
Mon Dec 8 05:35:01 CST 2008

Ok Joseph. Don't worry, take your time :-)

For what's concerning the quality: I can assume my phone line is an
exception because it has a lot of echo. I've spent a LOT of time trying
to have an SPA3102 and an HT488 working without any reasonable result.
I'm playing for fun with zaptel/dahdi ec's since years and I was never
able to have a satisfying result with any ec provided with it. Neither
the fxotune process, neither any Tx/Rx gain or echo training parameter
tuning, neither Digium people that connected to my server 3 or 4 years
ago were able to completely solve any echo issue.

Some years ago I had the opportunity to test on my line HPEC with a
customer's box equipped with a TDM400P and I was impressed by the quality.

I think OSLEC is a very good piece of code. It's working fine with my
line and my Grandstream phones and, the must important thing, it's open
and free to use. Sometimes I can ear some echo or strange effects at the
very beginning of a call, but this is something that I can accept. In
the past I tried to modify the zaptel sources in order to prevent them
to free the oslec instance at each call. I think that my mods were not
working on systems where more than one zap channel was present and I was
not able to test it on these type of situations.

Thank you and bye
Marco Signorini