[asterisk-users] PRI span debug out put - failing international calls

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Mon Dec 8 04:17:33 CST 2008

In article <7631180.21228726277153.JavaMail.GABBY-PC-VISTA$@Gabby-PC-Vista>,
Mr Gabriel <gabriel at fusis.com> wrote:

> I have attached my PRI debug out put when making an international call - hopefully it can
> shed some light on the situation. I am sorry if this attachment gets to the list twice, I
> sent one early this morning, but it has yet to appear - i may have sent that one in error.
>
> Kind Regards:
>
> Gabriel
>

> -- Making new call for cr 32774
> > Protocol Discriminator: Q.931 (8)  len=41
> > Call Ref: len= 2 (reference 6/0x6) (Originator)
> > Message type: SETUP (5)
> > [04 03 80 90 a3]
> > Bearer Capability (len= 5) [ Ext: 1  Q.931 Std: 0  Info transfer capability: Speech (0)
> >                              Ext: 1  Trans mode/rate: 64kbps, circuit-mode (16)
> >                              Ext: 1  User information layer 1: A-Law (35)
> > [18 03 a9 83 81]
> > Channel ID (len= 5) [ Ext: 1  IntID: Implicit  PRI  Spare: 0  Exclusive  Dchan: 0
> >                        ChanSel: Reserved
> >                       Ext: 1  Coding: 0  Number Specified  Channel Type: 3
> >                       Ext: 1  Channel: 1 ]
> > [6c 07 21 80 31 32 33 34 35]
> > Calling Number (len= 9) [ Ext: 0  TON: National Number (2)  NPI: ISDN/Telephony Numbering
> Plan (E.164/E.163) (1)
> >                           Presentation: Presentation permitted, user number not screened
> (0)  '12345' ]

This is not correct - you are presenting an internal number as a Caller-ID
with a TON of "National". You should set a valid Caller-ID in your dialplan
before calling Dial(). Or via whatever GUI you might be using.

However, this probably isn't the cause of failure - BT should just ignore
the Caller-ID.

> > [70 0e a1 30 30 33 35 33 31 36 36 30 32 33 31 31]
> > Called Number (len=16) [ Ext: 1  TON: National Number (2)  NPI: ISDN/Telephony Numbering
> Plan (E.164/E.163) (1)  '0035316602311' ]

However, I think this is wrong, and probably the cause of the failure.
It is saying that you have "pridialplan=national" (the default), but you
are giving a complete number. This is effectively dialling the number
'00035316602311'.

The first thing to make sure is that your pridialplan= and xxxprefix=
directives in zapata.conf are BEFORE the channels to which they apply.
When you have a channel= directive in the file, those channels will be
created with the parameters that have ALREADY been seen in the file,
and any parameters that come later, won't apply to those channels.

Also, don't forget you need to restart Asterisk if you change the details
in zapata.conf (perhaps reload might be enough, but I'm never sure).

> > [a1]
> > Sending Complete (len= 1)
> q931.c:2879 q931_setup: call 32774 on channel 1 enters state 1 (Call Initiated)
> < Protocol Discriminator: Q.931 (8)  len=10
> < Call Ref: len= 2 (reference 6/0x6) (Terminator)
> < Message type: CALL PROCEEDING (2)
> < [18 03 a9 83 81]
> < Channel ID (len= 5) [ Ext: 1  IntID: Implicit  PRI  Spare: 0  Exclusive  Dchan: 0
> <                        ChanSel: Reserved
> <                       Ext: 1  Coding: 0  Number Specified  Channel Type: 3
> <                       Ext: 1  Channel: 1 ]
> -- Processing IE 24 (cs0, Channel Identification)
> q931.c:3414 q931_receive: call 32774 on channel 1 enters state 3 (Outgoing call  Proceeding)
> < Protocol Discriminator: Q.931 (8)  len=13
> < Call Ref: len= 2 (reference 6/0x6) (Terminator)
> < Message type: DISCONNECT (69)
> < [08 02 82 81]
> < Cause (len= 4) [ Ext: 1  Coding: CCITT (ITU) standard (0)  Spare: 0  Location: Public
> network serving the local user (2)
> <                  Ext: 1  Cause: Unallocated (unassigned) number (1), class = Normal Event (0) ]

This response field is telling you there is no such number as 00035316602311

[remainder snipped]

Things you need to try, exactly:

1) Make sure the pri and prefix directives are before the channel list.
2) Change to "pridialplan=unknown" and try dialling both UK and Ireland.
3) Change to "pridialplan=dynamic" with "nationalprefix=0" and
   "internationalprefix=00", and try dialling both UK and Ireland.

If that still doesn't work, and you are happy to give me remote ssh access,
email me privately.

Cheers
Tony
--