[asterisk-users] International Calls still failing - Confused!

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Sun Dec 7 15:41:21 CST 2008

In article <4027205.41228669366491.JavaMail.GABBY-PC-VISTA$@Gabby-PC-Vista>,
Mr Gabriel <gabriel at fusis.com> wrote:
> My international calls are not connecting.
>
> [general]
> pridialplan=dynamic
> ;prilocaldialplan=unknown
> internationalprefix=00
> nationalprefix=0
> localprefix=

Looks ok. However, you might also want to try "pridialplan=unknown" if you
haven't done so already.

> I have the above in my zapta.conf - yet when I dial an international number, I get a ring,
> then I get the message "the person you are calling, is currently unavailable"

Have you been able to determine whether the ring and message are coming
from the local Asterisk, or over the line from BT?

> This is an ubuntu machine, with a sangoma card, with FreePBX setup, on asterisk 1.4.
> Incoming calls are working fine - outgoing national, mobile, and local calls are also
> working fine. I cannot understand why international calls are not working. Any pointers, no
> matter how outrageous are very, very welcome!

I think we need to see a PRI trace of a failed call. Please could you do the
following:

host*CLI> pri set debug file /tmp/pri.txt
host*CLI> pri debug span 1

Then make just one outgoing international call attempt. After it has failed,
do this:

host*CLI> pri no debug span 1
host*CLI> pri unset debug file

Then post the contents of /tmp/pri.txt. If possible try to ensure that
your email program does NOT do automatic line wrapping at a certain column,
to preserve the format of the log file.

That will show us (a) exactly what your Asterisk is sending to BT, and
(b) the error code being returned by BT.

Cheers
Tony

--
Tony Mountifield