[asterisk-users] top posting again [was: Re: CDR Design]

Duncan Turnbull duncan at e-simple.co.nz
Fri Dec 5 19:47:50 CST 2008

I like the discussion, I doubt it will end.

I prefer top posting because I reply to all my customers that way, my
mail client isn't that smart and I think technology should meet the
needs rather than force you to adopt work arounds.

I can fully understand though others preferring it, but I don't.

All the presented evidence so far suggest bottom posting is a work
around to a list archive function that is less than ideal or a
politeness to get around a way of doing things that doesn't really apply
so much anymore. I would have thought someone could make a better list
archive model, I don't believe bottom posting is intuitive and therefore
being picked up by many newcomers to the game.

An alternate is to get a filter that sorts the whole thing out depending
on preferences ;-), but who can be bothered.

I haven't seen a signup requirement to this list requiring bottom
posting, and neither have I on the many other lists I am on. In fact if
I look at most of my lists the majority of posters over time have tended
to top posting. Doesn't mean its right but it appears to be happening.

Cheers Duncan